There is only one fright during a week to Kiritimati from Honolulu . So, I need to stay 7 days there .
At first , I think it is a little long for me .
But these were fantastic days .
I arrived at 05/Dec/2018 to the Captain Cook Hotel , situated at the north shore of the Kiritimati Island .
Kiritimati is on the equator (1.5 degrees to north )
(160m,80m,40m,30m,20m,17m,15m) 10m , only watching .
Comment : 40m and 20m , the condition was good for FT8 . I enjoyed so much .
On 160m , I could contact with Japanese stations .
Very near at the sea shore , and there were many problems for antennae for low Bands .
When I used these antennae at the other places , SWR were all under 1.5 , but this time , at first over 3 .
I could not adjust there especially 160m , 80m .
I had to take over 3 hours , to get a good situation of SWR = under 1.7 for my antennae .
1) About 2.7 Hours from Honolulu by Fiji airline .
2) Housing of the airport
3) New housing is under construction .
4) There was a big antenna at the airport .
5) 1800 km's south from Honolulu .
6) Captain Cook Hotel is in Main Camp about 20 minutes from the airport by a car .
7) Hotel front
8) Bungalow which I stayed
9) Room was comfortable
10) Antennae were Micro Vert's . 3 poles using .
11) Once I made up VDA for 10m , but did not use it . ( SWR=1.1 , very good )
12) Vegetable Curry , good tasted .
13) Lobster and Beer .